Patriot Guard Riders New York
Who We Are
PGRNY is a diverse group of patriots who come together to show respect and support to US service members, veterans, first responders who die in the line of duty, and their families by standing flag lines and providing escorts at memorial services, only at the request of the family. We also stand flag line for other events honoring veterans and military personnel by request. We do not have meetings, dues, or most of the other membership requirements of other organizations. Many of our members share a love of motorcycles and many are veterans, but neither is a requirement. The only thing our members do have in common is a deep feeling of appreciation of the sacrifices that our military and first responders have made and continue to make.
We are a 501(c)(3) nonprofit and 100% volunteer organization. Any donations received go directly to members of the Armed Services, veterans, families of deployed service members, and Gold Star families in need through our Help on the Homefront (HOTH) programs: Veteran's Financial Assistance Program and Veteran's Furniture Assistance Program. A small portion of the funds raised goes to the families of veterans in the form of a plaque at memorial services.
Standing For Those Who Stood For Us.
What are Missions
Missions are one of the ways Patriot Guard Riders New York, Inc. (PGRNY) show support for US service members, veterans, and their families.
Missions vary greatly and can include standing flag lines or providing escorts to veterans for such diverse events as calling hours, gravesite services, the return home of veterans on Honor Flights and active military personnel from overseas assignments, as well as for ceremonies honoring veterans, etc. It is our honor to attend these missions and there are no fees or expenses incurred by the requesting family or organization.
There are two types of missions: Funeral and Event.
Funeral Mission Requests must be made by a family member. Funeral requests may be to stand a flag line at the funeral home and/or church service; provide an escort to the cemetery, and/or stand a flag line at the cemetery. It is up to the family to determine how much representation they wish from PGRNY.
Event Mission Requests are for any ceremony or event other than a funeral and can be made by an organization or individual. These requests may be to stand a flag line at the airport for returning veterans or active military personnel; stand a flag line for various ceremonies honouring veterans, provide escorts of veterans to various events, participate in parades as an escort to veterans, etc. It is up to the requesting organization or person to determine what type of representation is wanted from PGRNY.
To request a Mission, click on the appropriate Mission Request.
PGRNY Current Missions
- R1/2, HOTH Mision - Fairport Memorial Day Parade, Mon., 05/27/2019 - Fairport, NY
- R1/2, Memorial Mission - 1st Lt., James N. Sweet, U.S. Marine Corps, Vietnam, KIA, Wed. 05/29/2019 - Livonia, NY
- R2 - HOTH Mission - Newfield Memorial Day Ceremony and Parade, Mon., 05/27/2019 - Newfield, NY
- R2, HOTH Mission - Rochester Red Wings Memorial Day Commemoration, Mon., 05/27/2019 - Rochester, N Y
- R2/3, Honor Mission, James F. Steele, US Army Veteran, Fri., 06/07/2019 - Mexico, NY
- R2/3, HOTH Mission - Waterloo Memorial Day Bike Rally, Mon., 05/27/2019 - Waterloo, NY
- R2/3/4/5 HOTH Mission - New Hartford Memorial Day Parade., All Branches, Mon., 05/27/2019 - New Hartford, NY
- R2/3/4/5, Memorial Mission - Vietnam Veterans Memorial Dedication Ceremony, Mon., 05/27/2019 - Rome, NY
- R2/3/5, HOTH Mission - City of Norwich Memorial Day Parade, Mon., 05/27/2019 - Norwich, NY
- R2/5, HOTH Mission - Pageant of the Bands Event, Sat., 06/01/2019 - Sherburne, NY
- R4/5, Honor Mission - David T. Shaunessy, US Army, Vietnam Era Veteran, Fri., 05/31/2019 - Schroon Lake / Schuylerville, NY
- R4/5, Honor Mission - Joby Lee Blackmer, US Army Veteran, Tue., 05/28/2019, Fort Edward - Schuylerville, NY
- R4/5, Honor Mission - Thomas W. Clothier,USAF, Vietnam Era Veteran and PGRNY Member, Sat. 06/01/2019 - Corinth / Wilton NY
- R4/5, HOTH Mission - City of Albany Memorial Day Parade, Mon., 05/27/2019 - Albany, NY
- R4/5, HOTH Mission - Town of Hartford Memorial Day Parade, All Branches, Mon., 05/27/2019 - Hartford, NY
- R4/5, Memorial Mission - American Legion Post 982 Memorial Day Ceremonies, Mon., 05/27/2019 - Schroon Lake - North Hudson, NY
- R4/5, Memorial Mission - Queensbury VFW Memorial Day Ceremony, Mon., 05/27/2019 - Queensbury, NY
- R8/9, HOTH Mission - Memorial Day Parade, All Branches, Sat., 05/27/2019 - Baldwin, NY
- R8/9, Memorial Mission - 25th Annual Memorial Day Flag Placement and Pick Up at Calverton National Cemetery, Sat,05/25/2019 and Sat.,06/01/2019 - Calverton, NY
- R8/9, Memorial Mission - Memorial Day Ceremonies at Calverton National Cemetery, Mon., 05/27/2019 - Calverton, N.Y.
- R8/9, Memorial Mission - Memorial Day Ceremony, Sun., 05/26/2019 - Melville, NY
- R8/9, Memorial Mission - SSG Dashan Briggs, Air National Guard, Wed., 05/29/2019 - Port Jefferson Station / Calverton, NY
- R8/9, Memorial Mission - Vietnam Memorial Reading, Mon., 05/27/2019 - Farmingville, NY
One of the ways PGR members Honor the veterans who have served and continue to serve our country is to participate in Missions. The time they give to stand for those who have stood for us is greatly appreciated.
Simply fill out the form and submit. Based on the county you live in, you will be signed up for a region within New York State. You will receive Mission emails for your region. It is up to you whether or not you attend a mission. More information on membership is available here.
Rep. Zeldin Honors Patriot Guard Riders on House Floor. On April 12, 2018, Congressman Lee Zeldin (R, NY-1) honored the Patriot Guard Riders from Long Island and across the United States on the floor of the House of Representatives.
Letter from Rep. Chris Collins
We received a very nice Thank You from Representative Chris Collins for PGRNY's recent participation in the National Vietnam War Veterans Day Commemorative Pin Ceremony.
News & Announcements
New Program of HOTH - Veteran's Furniture Assistance
PGRNY is excited to announce the expansion of its Help on the Homefront (HOTH) umbrella with the addition of another state-wide program; the Veteran's Furniture Assistance program. The Veteran's Furniture Assistance program is a volunteer outreach program that may provide a one-time delivery of...
Region 4 Announces RC - Jackie Haina
“We would like to welcome Jackie Haina to the ranks of the PGRNY Ride Captains. A PGR member since October of 2009, Jackie calls Schroon Lake his home. Appointed as Ride Captain in early January of this year, Jackie will help cover the PGR missions that take place in the vast expanse of the North...
Spencerport Kiwanis Club
Suburban News North dated February 3, 2019 featured an article about the Spencerport Kiwanis Club's guest speakers Beth Read and Donna Barnes. Their presentation was on the Patriot Guard Riders of New York and its mission and programs. They covered the primary mission of PGRNY and programs of Help On...
Closing of ROC HOTH Warehouse Program
December 2, 2018 Note from William (Bill) Schaaf, State Captain. The decision to shut down the HOTH PGR Warehouse operation was not a decision PGR leadership took lightly. We knew of the importance of this program, not only to the many hundreds of veterans this program helped, but of its...
RC - Bill Brainard
November 29, 2018 I'm very pleased to inform you that State Captain Bill Schaaf and Assistant State Captain Nigel Heaton have supported and approved my request to appoint Bill Brainard as a Ride Captain in Region-1. Many of you know that Bill is a former Ride Captain and Senior Ride Captain in...
RC - Ken Titland
July 13, 2018 I would like to announce Ken Titland as a new Ride Captain in Region 6. Ken has been a PGR member since 2013. He is an Army veteran serving from 1981 to 1983. Ken has worked for Orange and Rockland Utilities as a lineman since 1987 and runs the apprentice training school. He has run...
Thank You Notes
Regions 4/5 Honor Mision - Harold Canter
Today we buried a nice guy. And you guys made us all proud. Thank you From the Plesser and Canter family & Larry Plesser
Region 1 - Family of Benny F. Constantino
Just want to say that Bob and the crew showed up and they were incredible. It was an honor to watch them in action and the family was most appreciative. GOD BLESS Family of Benny F Constantino
Rep. Chris Collins - Vietnam War Veterans Commemorative Pin Ceremony
Thank you received from Rep. Chris Collins for Patriot Guard Riders New York presence at the April 19th Vietnam War Veterans Commemorative Pin Ceremony.
Region 8/9 Honor Mission - Arlene C. Howard, US Navy - WWII - Multi-City, NY - 04/08/2019
Thank you for the tremendous effort your group displayed today for the family of Arlene Howard. Your group was an essential part of the team that made this funeral all that it could be. We do appreciate the generous gift of your time and presence. Please let your group know how much it was...
Region 8/9 Honor Mission - Vincent F. Costello, Sr. US Navy - WWII Multi-City, NY - 04/06/2019
Thank you on behalf of Vincent F. Costello, Sr. and family. I can’t tell you how much your presence meant to my family, and I’m sure my father as he smiled down from heaven. He was a humble man who would never have sought such attention, but the caring, love and respect shown by all the PGR in...
R1/2, Family of Charles T. Sullivan
The family of Charles T. Sullivan thank you sincerely...