Riders & Patriots: Calverton National Cemetery has cancelled the memorial ceremony today due to
the weather so this is a stand down for the mission.
SRC Region 8 & 9
Patriot Guard Riders of NY
HOTH MissionMemorial Day Ceremonies at Calverton
Calverton, New York - 29 May 2017
ABOUT THE MISSION:
We have been requested to attend the Memorial Day Ceremonies at Calverton National Cemetery on May 29, 2017 at 1300 hrs.
PRIMARY STAGING DETAILS: 29 May 2017
- Primary Staging Time: 12:00 P.M.
- Calverton National Cemetery
210 Princeton Blvd
- Calverton, New York - 11933
- Ride Captain:
- Susan & Gene Frohnhoefer
Gene's cell 631 379-9788
- Special Instructions:
- We will assemble in the ASSEMBLY AREA CIRCLE between 1200 and 1230 hrs. We will form up and march in with the other groups involved. As usual we will stand our flag line behind the podium facing the audience during the ceremonies.
Memorial Day Service at Calverton National Cemetery is at 1300 hrs in the assembly area in honor of our nation’s heroes. The North Shore Community Band opens the program with a musical prelude with the Marine Corps League presenting the Colors followed by the Pledge of Allegiance and the National Anthem. Welcoming remarks and honored guest speakers include Cemetery Director Michael Picerno, Town Supervisor Sean Walter, and Congressman Lee Zeldin, 1st District, NY. Mr. Matt Sullivan, VA Deputy Under Secretary for Finance and Planning will deliver the keynote address. Following the Musical Interlude by the North Shore Community Band, American Gold Star Mother Michele McNaughton will provide an educational segment. Gold Star Mothers will dedicate a wreath followed by Firing of the Volleys and Taps. The program will close with the song, God Bless America, retirement of colors and a postlude by the North Shore Community Band.
- Flags & Water:
- Flags Will NOT Be Provided, Please Bring Your Own.
- Large Bike Flags will NOT be needed.
- Water WILL NOT be provided, please bring your own.
Susan & Gene FrohnhoeferRegion 9 RCsGene's cell 631 379-9788