Honor MissionRobert A. Smith Sr., Retired
Corinth, New York - 02 Aug 2017
ABOUT THE MISSION:
Robert A. “Bob” Smith Sr. 63, of Main St. passed away Friday, July 28, 2017 at Glens Falls Hospital. Born July 10, 1954 in Reed City, Michigan, he graduated from Reed City High School in 1972.
He joined the United States Marine Corps that same year, serving for 21 years until his retirement on July 31, 1994. He lived all over the world while serving in the Marines, and moved to Corinth in 2016 for his retirement. During his service, Robert was awarded the USMC Good Conduct Medal w/1 Silver and 3 Bronze Stars, Navy Commendation Medal w/2 Bronze Stars, National Defense Service Medal w/2 Bronze Stars, Sea Service Deployment Ribbon w/3 Bronze Stars, Southwest Asia Service Medal, Arctic Service Ribbon, Kuwait Liberation Medal and a Secretary of the Navy Commendation Letter, and achieved the rank of First Sergeant (E-8).
The Patriot Guard Riders are proud to be able to stand for and render dignity, honor and respect for the life and service of Robert A. Smith Sr., a proud United States Marine.
PRIMARY STAGING DETAILS: 02 Aug 2017
- Primary Staging Time: 9:45 A.M.
- Densmore Funeral Home
7 Sherman Ave.
- Corinth, New York - 12822
- Ride Captain:
- Gene Jones
- Staging at funeral home for arrival of family at 10:00 AM. Public visitation from 11:00 - 12:00 PM, followed by funeral services and escort to:
Saratoga National Cemetery
200 Duell Road
Schuylerville, NY 12871
Interment with full military honors scheduled for 2:00 PM.
Flags & Water:
- Flags Will NOT Be Provided, Please Bring Your Own.
- If you have large bike flags, please bring them.
- Water WILL NOT be provided, please bring your own.
- Submitted by:
- Ray Sestak