Memorial MissionNew York Run For The Fallen
Albany, New York - 11 Jun 2017
ABOUT THE MISSION:
Honor and Remember, Inc and its New York Chapter are partnering in a special event to call attention to and honor the men and women who have recently died in military service to America. New York Run for the Fallen. A team of more than 25 veterans and active duty members of the military from bases throughout New York and other locations across the U.S. will embark on a 142+ mile journey to honor the more than 312 New York service members who died as a result of serving during the War on Terror and in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom, Operation Enduring Freedom and Operation New Dawn.
Each mile of the route will be dedicated to an individual New York hero and his or her family. The run team will stop at each “Hero Marker” HM (each mile marker) to give individual tribute to waiting Gold Star family members, friends and comrades. The goal of the event is to create a 142+ mile memorial trail through New York. Each hero marker tribute will include a biographical description of the hero along with American and Honor and Remember Flags.
The Patriot Guard Riders have always realized a very special bond with the Gold Star Families in New York. We are proud to have the opportunity to once again demonstrate our limitless support for those families, while rendering dignity, honor and respect for their fallen sons and daughters…our modern day heroes.
PRIMARY STAGING DETAILS: 11 Jun 2017
- Primary Staging Time: 1:30 P.M.
- TCCVEV Vietnam Memorial
- Albany, New Mexico - 12207
- Ride Captain:
- Ray Sestak
- Special Instructions:
- Staging at 1:30 PM near the TCCVEV Vietnam Memorial. Parking in the general area around the park will most likely be limited, so please arrive earlier rather than later. We will form a flag line for the arrival of the runners, expected around 2:20 PM. Please bring a clean 3 x 5 American Flag.
Note that this event follows the Troy Flag Day Parade.
- Flags & Water:
- Flags Will NOT Be Provided, Please Bring Your Own.
- If you have large bike flags, please bring them.
- Water WILL NOT be provided, please bring your own.