Dedication MissionMajGen Harold J. Green Dedication Ceremony
US Army KIA - WoT
Guilderland, New York - 03 Aug 2017
ABOUT THE MISSION:
On August 3, 2017, a portion of NY State Route 146 will be designated as the "Major General Harold J. Greene Memorial Highway". General Greene was the highest-ranking American military officer to be killed in a combat zone since the Vietnam War.
Born in Boston, Massachusetts, General Greene grew up in Schenectady, NY, graduated from Guilderland High School, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in Troy and spent 34 years in the military. At the age of 52, General Greene was killed in Afghanistan in 2014 when a gunman fired on military officials at an academy near Kabul, Afghanistan. General Greene was buried at Arlington National Cemetery on August 14, 2017.
The portion of the renamed highway begins at the intersection of routes 20 and 146 in Guilderland and continues south to the intersection of Route 146 and Ostrander Road.
The Patriot Guard Riders are proud to have the opportunity to render dignity, honor and respect for the life and service of United States Army Major General Harold J. Greene, a true American Hero.
PRIMARY STAGING DETAILS: 03 Aug 2017
- Primary Staging Time: 2:15 P.M.
- Guilderland Town Hall
5209 Western Tpk.
- Guilderland, New York - 12084
- Ride Captain:
- Ray Sestak
- Special Instructions:
- Staging at the Town Hall with flag line on the walkway of the main entrance for the arrival of family and guests. Members will then move inside and re-form the flag line for dedication ceremonies.
- Flags & Water:
- Flags Will NOT Be Provided, Please Bring Your Own.
- If you have large bike flags, please bring them.
- Water WILL NOT be provided, please bring your own.
Submitted By: Ray Sestak
Position: Assistant State Captain