Joseph G Tamer, Veteran
USN - Korea
Utica, New York - 06 Jul 2017
ABOUT THE MISSION:
The Patriot Guard Riders of New York are honored to be requested to stand a flag line for visitation and church services with military honors and to escort Joseph to his final resting place. Joseph served with valor in the United States Navy during the Korean War era. He still carries a bullet, one of several that wounded him in an accident on-board the aircraft carrier USS Tripoli, CVE 64. He received the National Defense Service Medal and the Korean Service Medal among others. Among the family he leaves behind are two PGRNY members - his neice and her husband from the Rochester area. Please attend as much of this mission in honor of Joseph as your schedule permits.
PRIMARY STAGING DETAILS: 06 Jul 2017
- Primary Staging Time: 0900 A.M.
- St. Louis Gonzaga Church
- 520 Rutger St
- Utica, New York
- Ride Captain:
- Jim Sieffert
- Special Instructions:
- We will stand a flag line to honor Joseph during visitation which begins at 09;30 AM, prior to his church service which will begin at 11:00 AM. Following services we will honor him with a dignified transfer and escort to Calvary Cemetery, 2407 Oneida Street, Utica, NY. Be very mindful of weather conditions, as some rain is expected.
- Flags & Water:
- Flags Will NOT Be Provided, Please Bring Your Own.
- If you have large bike flags, please bring them.
- Water WILL NOT be provided, please bring your own.