Memorial MissionWaterloo Memorial Day Parade, Veteran
Canandaigua, New York - 27 May 2017
ABOUT THE MISSION:
Once again we have been requested to escort our Veterans from the Veterans Hospital in Canandaigua to Waterloo where they will take part in the yearly Memorial Day Parade. In years past, the Patriot Guard have played an intricate part
of the success of this event in escort, assistance with transport to and from the VA Center and escorting our hero's in wheelchairs in the parade. For those members who have participated in this event one knows the moving experience this is.
PRIMARY STAGING DETAILS: 27 May 2017
- Primary Staging Time: 7:00 A.M.
- Canandaigua VA Medical Center
400 Fort Hill Avenue
- Canandaigua, New York - 14424
- Ride Captain:
- Bill "Patch" Fuhrmann
- Special Instructions:
- Please arrive at the VA Medical Center and assemble in the parking lot outside of building 7 which is in the rear of the complex. Loading of the Veterans onto buses at 7:30 AM with Sheriff escort leaving for Waterloo 8:30 SHARP.
Arrive in Waterloo 9:15 AM
Parade lineup 10:00 AM, parade starts 11:00 AM.
SPECIAL NOTE: I WILL NEED VOLUNTEERS ABLE TO WALK & PUSH VETERANS IN WHEELCHAIRS THE ENTIRE PARADE ROUTE.
Please inspect all flag mounts for speeds up to 50 mph during escort.
There will be a briefing before escort. I request ALL to attend as it will be very specific on multiple subjects & issues.
No flag line.
- Flags & Water:
- Flags Will NOT Be Provided, Please Bring Your Own.
- If you have large bike flags, please bring them.
- Water WILL NOT be provided, please bring your own.
Bill "Patch" FuhrmannR/C region 2PGRNY