Honor MissionJames E. Wasiela, Veteran
USN - Vietnam
Hamburg, New York - 21 Jun 2017
ABOUT THE MISSION:
We have been requested to stand in Honor of Vietnam War Veteran James E. Wasiela of Angola, NY, who passed away on June 16th. Mr. Wasiela served 3 years, 8 months Active Duty in the U.S. Navy from 1964-1968, of which he served 3 years aboard the USS Okinawa (LPH-3.) During his deployment, the USS Okinawa was stationed off Vietnam as a mobile base from which Marine forces could quickly strike via helicopters at the Communist insurgents. Mr. Wasiela was Honorably Discharged on 5 March 1968 with the rating of Radioman 3rd Class (PO3.) For his Service to our Nation, RM3 Wasiela was awarded: National Defense Service Medal; Vietnam Service Medal w/Bronze Campaign Star; Vietnam Campaign Medal.
PRIMARY STAGING DETAILS: 21 Jun 2017
- Primary Staging Time: 0800 A.M.
- John J. Kaczor Funeral Home 5453 Southwestern Blvd. (Corner of Rogers Rd)
- Hamburg, New York - 14075
- Ride Captain:
- Joe Joyce
- Special Instructions:
- Flag Line for arrival of family. Prayer Service at 9:00 at the Funeral Home. Escort to Most Precious Blood Church, 22 Prospect Street, Angola, NY 14006. Mass of Christian Burial at 10:00 A.M.Military Honors following the Mass. No Cemetery, Mission ends at the Church. Please arrive on time with a clean 3x5 American Flag or US Navy flag, and dress for the weather. Please ensure your large bike flags are properly placed and securely attached. Please do whatever you're able to ensure the PGR has a decent presence in Honor of Mr. Wasiela and in support of his loving family.
- Flags & Water:
- Flags Will NOT Be Provided, Please Bring Your Own.
- If you have large bike flags, please bring them.
- Water WILL NOT be provided, please bring your own.