Honor MissionThomas E. Colern, Veteran
USMC - Korea
Lackawanna, New York - 31 Jul 2017
ABOUT THE MISSION:
We have been requested to stand in Honor of US Marine Corps Veteran Thomas E. Colern, who passed away on July 27th. Mr. Colern served almost 3 years Active Duty from 1951-1954, including 14-1/2 months in Korea. His MOS was 2511 - Lineman (Radio Communications). Honorably Discharged with the rank of PFC on 12 February 1954, Mr. Colern was awarded: National Defense Service Medal; Korean Service Medal w/2 Stars; United Nations Service Medal-Korea.
PRIMARY STAGING DETAILS: 31 Jul 2017
- Primary Staging Time: 9:30 A.M.
- Our Lady of Victory (OLV) Basilica
767 Ridge Road
- Lackawanna, New York - 14218
- Ride Captain:
- George Brown
- Special Instructions:
- Flag Line for arrival of family and friends.
Mass of Christian Burial at 10:30 AM.
Followed by Escort to Holy Cross Cemetery for Interment with Military Honors.
Please arrive on time with a clean 3x5 American Flag or USMC flag, and dress for the weather.
Please ensure your large bike flags are properly placed and securely attached for the Escort.
Thank you for your efforts to make this Mission successful as we Honor the Korean War Service of Thomas E. Colern, and in support of his loving and proud family.
- Flags & Water:
- Flags Will NOT Be Provided, Please Bring Your Own.
- If you have large bike flags, please bring them.
- Water WILL NOT be provided, please bring your own.
- Submitted by:
Don Higgins, SRC, Reg-1