Honor MissionCharles R. Lowder, Veteran
USA - Vietnam Era
Alden, New York - 28 Apr 2017
ABOUT THE MISSION:
We have been requested to assist in Honoring the U.S. Army Service of Charles R. Lowder of Akron, who passed away on April 22nd. Mr. Lowder served Active Duty from 1970-1972 during the Vietnam War Era. His MOS was 64C30 - Motor Transport Operator. His duty stations included the 108th Quartermaster Company, Ft. Rucker, Alabama. Mr. Lowder was Honorably Discharged from Active Duty on 17 January 1972 with the rank of Specialist Fourth Class (E-4). For his Service to our Nation, SP4 Lowder earned: Army Good Conduct Medal; National Defense Service Medal; M-16 Expert Rifle Badge.
In addition to escorting Army SP4 Charles Lowder to his Final Resting Place, we will have the Honor of also escorting his father, U.S. Army WW-II Veteran Robert E. Lowder. Fortunately, the urn was discovered yesterday, and the Funeral Director swiftly prepared paperwork for approval for the father and son to be interred together at BNC. Robert Lowder served from 1943 until his Honorable Discharge on 22 March 1946 with the rank of Technician Fifth Grade. His MOS was 017, Baker. He served in the Pacific Theater with the 38th Staging Area Company, and was awarded the following: Army Good Conduct Medal; American Campaign Medal; Asiatic-Pacific Campaign Medal; WW-II Victory Medal. Both Lowders have virtually no family. Please do what you're able to help the PGR be their family for a day.
PRIMARY STAGING DETAILS: 28 Apr 2017
- Primary Staging Time: 11:00 A.M.
- Charles Meyer Funeral Home
13228 Broadway Street (Route 20)
- Alden, New York - 14004
- Ken Lyons
- Special Instructions:
- Members: Friday will be a very challenging day, with three (3) Missions scheduled in Region-1. Please do whatever you are able to help support one of these equally important Missions.
This will be a Dignified Escort of Mr. Lowder to his final resting place at Bath National Cemetery (Region-2).
KSU from the Funeral Home in Alden (Erie County) at 11:30 AM.
- Interim stop at I-390 South, Exit 7 Rest Stop, Mt. Morris (Feel free to join the Escort at that location).
KSU from Rest Stop at 12:45 PM.
- Interment at BNC is scheduled promptly at 2:00 PM
For Bath area members, if you are able to form a Flag Line at the Cemetery for arrival of the Escort, it would be appreciated.
- Per the Cemetery Administrator, please stage on the VA Grounds until told to proceed to the Cemetery, as there is a prior Interment at 1:00 PM.
Please be prepared with a clean 3x5 American Flag or US Army flag for the Flag Line. If you choose to ride, please
ensure your large bike flags are properly placed and very securely attached for the long escort. Dress for the weather.
- Flags & Water:
- Flags Will NOT Be Provided, Please Bring Your Own.
- If you have large bike flags, please bring them.
- Water WILL NOT be provided, please bring your own.
Senior Ride Captain