Arnold E. Hawks, Veteran
USA - WWII
Scio, New York - 12 Apr 2017
ABOUT THE MISSION:
We have been requested to stand in Honor of another Hero of World War-II.* Arnold E. Hawks of Wellsville passed away on April 7th at the age of 95.* Mr. Hawks served active duty in the U.S. Army from Feb, 1943 - December, 1945, and his MOS was 345, Light Truck Driver.* He participated in the Ardennes and Rhineland Campaigns in the European Theater, and was injured during the Battle of the Bulge.* Mr. Hawks was Honorably Discharged on 3 December 1945 with the rank of PFC.* For his WW-II Service to our Nation, PFC Hawks was awarded:* Purple Heart Medal;* Army Good Conduct Medal;* European-African Middle Eastern Campaign Medal w/2 Bronze Campaign Stars;* WW-II Victory Medal;* NYS Conspicuous Service Cross Medal. Obituary:* http://wellsvillefuneralhome.
PRIMARY STAGING DETAILS: 12 Apr 2017
- Primary Staging Time: 1000 A.M.
- Knights Creek Evangelical Church 2987 County Road 9 (Knights Creek Road)
- Scio, New York - 14880
- Ride Captain:
- Special Instructions:
- Flag Line for arrival of family and attendees. Funeral Service at 11:00 AM. Followed by Escort to Whitesville Rural Cemetery. West Main Street Whitesville, NY (Distance of 20 miles) Map:** http://mapq.st/2okH2HR Burial with Full Military Honors. Please do whatever you're able to help Honor the WW-II Service and Sacrifice of PFC Hawks and to support his loving family.Please arrive with a clean 3x5 American Flag or US Army flag, and dress for the weather. If you choose to ride, please ensure your large bike flags are properly placed and securely attached for the 20-mile escort.
- Flags & Water:
- Flags Will NOT Be Provided, Please Bring Your Own.
- If you have large bike flags, please bring them.
- Water WILL NOT be provided, please bring your own.