William T. Boyd, Veteran
USA - WWII, Korea, Vietnam
Avon, New York -
ABOUT THE MISSION:
We have been requested to stand in Honor of U.S. Army Veteran William T. Boyd of Avon, who passed away on April 6th.* Mr. Boyd retired after a 21-year career, serving from 1945-1966.* Mr. Boyd spent the majority of his career in the Security/Military Police/Confinement and General Supply fields.* He served multiple tours overseas during World War II, Korean War and Vietnam Era.* Mr. Boyd was Honorably Retired on 11 June 1966 with the rank of Staff Sergeant (E-6.)* For his extensive Service to our Nation, SSG Boyd was awarded:* Army Commendation Medal;* Army Good Conduct Medal w/Bronze Clasp;* American Campaign Medal;* Army Occupation Medal (Germany & Japan);* National Defense Service Medal w/Oak Leaf Cluster;* WW-II Victory Medal;* Korean Service Medal w/Silver Star;* United Nations Service Medal (Korea);* Korean Presidential Unit Citation;* Republic of Korea War Service Medal.* Mr. Boyd also held leadership positions in the Avon VFW, Avon American Legion, Avon Fire Department, and B oy Scouts of America. Obituary:* http://obittree.com/obituary/
PRIMARY STAGING DETAILS:
- Primary Staging Time: 0845 A.M.
- Stephenson-Dougherty Funeral Home 350 Genesee Street
- Avon, New York - 14414
- Special Instructions:
- Escort for Dignified Transfer to: *** First Presbyterian Church, 5605 East Avon-Lima Road (Rt. 5&20), East Avon. *** Funeral Service at . *** Please do what you're able to help Honor the Army Career of William T. Boyd, and to support his loving and proud family. *** Please arrive on time with a clean 3x5 American Flag or US Army flag, and dress for the weather. *** Please ensure your large bike flags are properly placed and securely attached.
- Flags & Water:
- Flags Will NOT Be Provided, Please Bring Your Own.
- If you have large bike flags, please bring them.
- Water WILL NOT be provided, please bring your own.