Honor MissionGordon Gannon, Jr., Retired, Veteran
Hamburg, New York -
ABOUT THE MISSION:
We have been requested to stand in Honor of career Military Veteran Gordon Gannon, Jr. of Hamburg, who passed away on March 7th.
In one capacity or another, Mr. Gannon's Service to our Nation spanned from 1951 to at least 1992. Commissioned in 1954, he held several command positions in the US Marine Corps/Reserves, including: Motor Transport Officer with the 2nd Marine Division; Company Commander at MCRTD, Parris Island; Commanding Officer, 8th Tank Battalion in Rochester. He retired from the US Marine Corps with the rank of Colonel in 1985. In addition, in 1977 Mr. Gannon was commissioned a Colonel in the New York Naval Militia (NYNM), and in 1985 was promoted to Brigadier General. During his service from 1985-1992 with the NYNM, BG Gannon served as Mobilization Officer for all Marines in New York State for state duty. During his career, Mr. Gannon held memberships and leadership positions in the Marine Corps League, Marine Corps Reserve Officers Association, Naval Reserve Associat ion, WNY Armed Forces Committee, and was a 20-year member of the Royal Canadian Military Institute.
PRIMARY STAGING DETAILS:
- Primary Staging Time:
- Lakeside Memorial Funeral Home
- 4199 Lakeshore Road
- (Corner Camp Rd. & Rt. 5)
- Hamburg, New York - 14075
- Ride Captain:
- Don Higgins
- Special Instructions:
- Prayer Service at
- Escort to St. Mary of the Lake Church
- 4737 Lake Shore Road
- Hamburg, NY
- Mass of Christian Burial at
- Military Honors at end of Mass.
- No Cemetery
- Please do whatever you are able to help us Honor the extraordinary Military Service of Gordon Gannon, Jr., and to support his loving and proud family.
- Please arrive on time with a clean 3x5 American Flag or U.S. Marine Corps flag, and dress for the weather.
- If you choose to ride, ensure your big bike flags are properly placed and securely attached.
- Don Higgins
- Senior Ride Captain
- PGRNY Region-1