HOTH MissionStride Wounded Warrior Weekend
Troy, NY to Jiminy Peak, MA-
ABOUT THE MISSION:
Stride Adaptive Sports Warrior Weekend Organizers have requested the participation of the Patriot Guard Riders in the departure and escort of wounded warriors to Jiminy Peak Ski Resort.
PRIMARY STAGING DETAILS:
- Primary Staging Time:
- Hilton Garden Inn
- 235 Hoosick St.
- Troy, New York
- Ride Captain:
- Bill Schaaf Patriot Guard Riders NY State Captain
- Veteran Recovery Program - NY State Coordinator
- PGR NY Board of Directors - President
- Special Instructions:
- For those coming from the West side of the river, once you cross the bridge and onto Rt-7, Hoosick St, the hotel is about 1/2 mile up the road on your left. Pretty hard to miss it. Entrance to the hotel is in the rear.
- 0730 hrs - Begin to assemble flag line at the rear entrance for the departure of the wounded warriors to their charter bus that will take them over to Jiminy Peak.
- 0800 hrs to 0815 hrs - Bus Scheduled to leave for Jiminy Peak.
- PGR members invited to escort bus to Jiminy Peak where it will be met by PGR members from Mass.
- Since 2005, STRIDE Adaptive Sports has been hosting special weekends for Wounded Warriors who have sustained permanent injuries from their service in Iraq and Afghanistan. The heroes spend a three day weekend participating in rehabilitative adaptive skiing and snowboarding lessons at Jiminy Peak Mountain Resort, just outside of the Capital district of New York. The Warriors hail from NY and MA region. The festivities to honor these American Heroes includes a ceremonial welcome event evening and 2 days of ski or snowboard lessons at Jiminy Peak Mountain Resort in Hancock, MA with STRIDE instructors in a unique opportunity to put their lives back together through sports. A positive recreation experience can restore the mind, body and soul and is a force in the rehabilitation process. STRIDE has partnered with Wounded Warrior Disabled Sports Project to support the cost of the event, totaling nearly $40,000 annually.
- We've always had a great turn out for this event and I trust this year will be no exception. Let's be there to show these service men and women how much we appreciate the personal sacrifices they and their families have made in the service to our country.