Help on the Homefront (HOTH) Veteran’s Assistance, a program of Patriot Guard Riders of New York (PGRNY), is a volunteer outreach program providing support and assistance to our disabled veterans who are in crisis, experiencing a particular hardship, or have unmet needs. HOTH support can be financial as well as a number of other services, depending on the circumstances.
The program is designed to assist members of the Armed Services who require some financial or other assistance due to a hardship that is connected to a service related disability. This assistance is also available to Gold Star and Blue Star Families who are experiencing hardships due to their loved ones loss or deployment.
All cases are reviewed individually and are based on merit.
Qualification guidelines for Veteran’s Assistance:
- This program is available to those veterans with a service related disability
- This is request is for one time assistance
- The veteran must have an Honorable Discharge
- The veteran must have a copy of his/her DD-214
The HOTH Veteran’s Assistance Application has been updated as of April 2017, and now includes all the basic information necessary for PGRNY HOTH to begin processing the veteran's request. This application requests personal, financial and limited medical information.
We highly recommend that any veteran requesting assistance have his/her case worker, veteran service officer or other representative assist them in completing this application.
If a veteran completing the application on his/her own experiences any issues with the application, we ask that you please leave us a message at 585-866-1PGR (585-866-1747). Your message should include your name; phone number at which you can be reached, and the area of the application you need help completing. We will have a member of our HOTH team contact you.
NOTE: ALL information will be kept confidential. Social security number may be blocked out on the DD-214 copy.
Completing this Veteran’s Assistance Application on a computer will automatically calculate totals in the financial section, and duplicate fields will self-populate.
Please submit the completed application and copy of the veteran’s DD-214 as follows (Social security number on the DD-214 may be blocked out):
• Email to: HOTH@pgrny.org with a copy of the veteran’s DD-214, also list veteran’s First & Last Name in the “subject line” of the email.
• Fax to: 888-796-6594 with a copy of the veteran’s DD-214, also list veteran’s First & Last Name on the Fax cover sheet.
• Physically mail with a copy of the veteran’s DD-214 to:
P.O. Box 12445
Rochester, NY 14612